The Nativity Men's Club consists of all male members of Nativity of Our Lord parish. The Club is led by a board of directors who manage our many events as well as the financial resources that come through the gracious support of our parishioners and neighbors.
ANOTHER YEAR OF VOLUNTEERING WITH THE GREATEST MEN'S CLUB GROUP IS A WRAP!
We ran multiple fundraising events and helped build camaraderie amongst all parishioners.
Highlights of the 2015-16 Nativity Men's Club Activities include:
- A new American Flag proudly displayed at the entrance of the school with relocation of the pole thanks to the initiative of Paul Middleton.
- "Let's Play Dodgeball!" at the County Fair.
- A nice faith element in the NMC with our monthly Faith Minute, prayer intentions, Rosary for the sick, support of Catholic Man Night, and A Weekend for Men at Abbey of the Hills.
- Another year of wreath sales over $100k, and a record low in uncollected payments (1%).
- The shortest December board meeting at the tree lot on record.
- A Broadway-worthy rah rah by John Dery to promote the 2016 cribbage tourney!
- A record number of quality Christmas trees stocked and sold.
- A 30' masterpiece Christmas tree at the lot with a star visible from space. Thanks, Pete.
- A HUGE number of men, women and children pegged 15-2, 15-4 at the Fr Kelley Cribbage Tourney. In fact, we surpassed the 100 player mark for the first time ever - a new record! Congrats to Team Dobie for the win!
- Garage Logic live at the Sports Shirt Stag!
- A HUGE number of people served quality fish and chips at our two Fish Fry's.
- A tremendously successful year for the Raffle.
- Mmmm...donuts! 10,000 of the little sugary masterpieces served each year.
- Additional involvement with other Parish Men's Clubs to share our vision and success stories and grow the camaraderie with other men and dads.
- Increased participation in NMC events by other men and dad's of Nativity Parish due in large part to "It's Late Night with Brian Nash!"
- 3 new friends elected to the NMC Board.
- And finally, our President's Party rounded out the year. Even though the threat of rain and thunder had some worried, Mother Nature gave in and provided us with a pleasant evening.
Thank you to my fellow board members for the opportunity to serve as the President of the Nativity Men's Club. In 2015-16, a record amount of money was raised because of your time and efforts and dispersed through our Wish List process to help Nativity School and Nativity Parish.
Now it's Pete Greenheck's gavel. I challenge us to set yet another fundraising record in 2016-17 and grow the participation by other men and dads to continue the great service of the Nativity Men's Club for our children and the parish community. Lead the way, Pete!
NMC President 2015-16